Tuesday, June 21, 2011

En plein air, finally!

I've been wanting to find another artist to go painting outside with me, and last week I discovered that a friend of mine had recently started painting again, and wanted to go paint en plein air. So, last Wednesday three of us went downtown and painted a local landmark, the oak trees at Toomer's Corner. If any of you are aware of the Auburn/Alabama rivalry you probably read about the nut who poisoned the Toomer's Oaks after we beat Alabama last year. He most definitely does not represent Alabama fans, but he claimed to have done it because he loved Alabama and hated Auburn. Crazy!!

Anyway, the poor trees are definitely dying. After having done the painting last week and sold a bunch of prints and notes this past weekend, I read that the university is saying if you want to see the trees while they are still green, you need to come in the next few weeks.

Here is my painting:


I hope to go painting with Jill and Kim again in a couple of weeks! It was great fun.

No comments: